Management Coaching is an ideal way of providing tailored development to enhance the performance and future potential of middle and senior management. It is particularly effective in building and improving leadership behaviours.
Management Coaching Company
As a management coaching company based in the midlands we have extensive experience of working with well known companies across the UK to help develop the skills and competencies of leaders. We have worked with management coaching clients who
- have moved from a specialist role in to a general management role
- have been recently promoted
- have taken on increased people management responsibilities
- need support in developing a particular management competency
How Management Coaching Works
Management coaching provides managers with the opportunity to see their coaching topics from a new and different perspective. The management coach facilitates this by asking questions which enable a manager to see things in a different way. Coaching also serves to get managers to consider their perspective of a topic and compare it with the perspectives of others. A good example of this might be leadership style where a manager sees her leadership style as professional and objective but her team see her as cold and aloof.
The aim in management coaching is for the manager to decide on the right course of action and to formulate a plan for implementation. The management coach will work with the client to support the execution of the plan by helping identify possible barriers and ways around them.
Because of the very individual nature of management coaching it is often much more effective in helping clients achieve real behavioural change than a training course. Training courses are great for providing leadership education but sometimes less good at enabling the manager to make behavioural changes in the work place.
Management Coaching Contract
When establishing a coaching contract there are several important stages
- Sponsor brief; the line manager of the potential client identifies what it is that needs to change and discusses this with the manager. If the manager accepts the need for change a chemistry meeting is set up with the management coach
- Chemistry meeting; this provides the opportunity for the manager to meet the coach and for the two of them to decide if they will have the relationship that will enable them to work successfully together
- Contracting; the sponsor, manager and coach meet together to set the coaching objectives. The purpose of this meeting is to set clear objectives for the coaching and to define what success will look like. In this meeting the number of coaching sessions are determined along with the boundaries of confidentiality
- Coaching Review; there is a review of progress against the coaching objectives at the half way stage and at the end of the coaching contract. These meetings evaluate the success of the coaching
Management Coaching Topics
Management coaching can address a wide range of personal and business related topics. Here are a few that we have worked on with our management coaching clients:
- Building personal impact and profile with senior management
- Enhancing influencing skills
- Developing more effective relationships
- Presentation skills
- Interview skills
- Building staff motivation and engagement
- Leadership development
Management Coaching with Tony Goddard Consulting
All our management Coaches are professionally qualified with post graduate coaching qualifications. We have successfully helped clients from a wide range of business sectors and functions and more details are available on our Coaching Client and Testimonial pages.
If you would like to discuss management coaching with us please contact us. All our contact details are contained in the side bar on this web page.
What Can Career Coaching Do For You?
If you are looking for a new job a good Career Coach will improve your chances of getting the role you want by 50% or more. You say ‘he’s bound ...
Every CEO Should Have an Executive Coach
If you have reached the top you may well wonder how you would get any benefit from Executive Coaching Here are 3 reasons why Executive Coaching can enhance your performance as ...
What is Executive Coaching?
As an Executive Coaching Company we find that we are often asked 'what is Executive Coaching?' It seems there are many views about what executive coaching is and what executive ...
Popular ArticlesWhy External Coaching is used in Leadership Development
Here we explore when external executive coaching is used as part of an organisation’s ...
Interviews – How to be Successful
The advice and guidance given in this article is based on our work with ...
Executive Coaching Success Stories
People are sometimes unsure of how Executive Coaching might help them. These Executive Coaching ...
Behavioural Change – How Long Does it Take?
Often in Executive Coaching clients want to make behavioural changes to build their capability. ...
- 01789 261202
- 186 Loxley Road
Stratford upon Avon CV37 7DU